...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

03 January 2007

Daily Loaded with Benefits!

Friends, when I thought how to open the New Year in the blog realm, I was reminded of the many thanksgivings which I have to make. It is a truly awesome thing to consider the individual mercies of God upon one's life; for when you stop and look at each one and then consider the manifold grace poured out upon you, you begin to understand afresh the love of God for His beloved sons and daughters. So, below I have given a partial list of what I wrote down elsewhere in thanks to Him.

- Most of all, for that great work of grace by which He made me a child of the Highest, a friend of my Creator, and the temple of my God. - Amazing love, how can it be?
- For a family that loves the Lord God with their whole lives, not perfect, but dedicated to serving Him fully with each area of their lives. And for a heritage filled with an evident abundance of His grace.
- For friends, so many of you who read this are the very ones of whom I do not have words to express the thanksgiving in my heart for the goodness of God in giving me so many choice companions to encourage and challenge me. For Josh, Miriam, Rae, Sam, Jon, Aud, Brandon, the B'rrills, the V'sters, the R'kers, the Gr'ngs girls, Tom, Mike, Jeremy, Joe, and many others. And for a special friend, Ba (Bethany), another gift of grace.
- For a school at which to grow in knowledge of my Lord and His Word. For a country, in which to live a quiet and peaceable life in godliness. For a church that loves the gospel work of Christ.
- For purpose: the gift of an impossible-but-for-God vision that was created through the Word.
- For the immaterial invaluables, peace, joy, hope, the Word, sanctification...
- For the material blessings, food, rest, shelter, education, books...

And what other conclusion can be arrived at but that I am unworthy of the least of these mercies. So then, to Him be glory and dominion both now and forever.

Rom. 12: 1 - I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. (ESV)

4 comments: