...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

01 August 2012

Shame.

  In the video I am about to recommend, Brene Brown shared truth that our culture and our selves need to hear.  I came across it on Anthony Bradley's website and watched it because I thought it would be relevant to something I've been thinking about.  It was relevant to a whole lot more... me, the world I live in, the world I'd like to live in.  How to live 'whole' lives, why we don't have the connections to others that God made us to have, the depths of our need for honesty about our brokenness, and many other insights.  May you find a needed part of God's truth in this video, for your self and then for your neighbor.





Two tidbits: "You cannot selectively numb emotion."  "Courage... the ability to tell who you are with your whole heart."


I rarely watch 20-minute videos; I never take notes; I always listen while working on something else.  I watched; I took notes; I focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment