...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

14 January 2006

Worshiping while sacrificing

I was reading Gen. 22, Abraham sacrificing Isaac today; I was struck again by Abraham's saying "we will go and WORSHIP and then we will come again." He was going to sacrifice his son. So I was reminded of the song that I heard a while back: When praise demands a sacrifice. Ponder the words.

The call to go to Mount Moriah came to Abraham
But the offering placed before the Lord was not a lamb
He bound His only son and when the knife was raised
A sacrifice became the price of praise.

CHORUS
When praise demands a sacrifice, I'll worship even then
Surrendering the dearest things in life
And if devotion costs me all He'll find me faithful to His call
When praise demands a sacrifice.

The call to go to Calvary came to God's own son.
An altar waited for the lamb He would become
His hands reached up to Heaven as the cross was raised
And with His life He paid the price of praise

REPEAT CHORUS

God hears the words of praise we lift, yet I have found.
He's honored more by what I am willing to lay down.

REPEAT CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment