...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

11 August 2006

The Path of Righteousness
By Matthew – Summer 2006

A path to Heaven has been giv’n
For those whose destiny is doom:
A way to have their sins forgiv’n
By One who overcame the tomb.

A call to walk the narrow way
Appears to every man on earth.
A plea to “Come” and not to stray
Is made to fill each soul’s great dearth.

I left the wide gate at His call,
Joined the Way, the Truth, the Life.
I came and dwelt within His hall,
Forsook the road of sin’s black strife.

When Jesus brought me to the fold,
I then began to know His voice.
The Father grasps me in His hold;
And in His way, I now rejoice.

The Lord my God is leading me
In the way of His righteousness.
I hear His voice, and now I see
To follow Him through the darkness.

But how to know the path each day –
This quandary may perplex.
God will instruct and guide my way,
Daily directing all my steps.

For though the Way’s the same for all,
Each soul must walk a prepared path;
We follow Christ, go at His call
To know the special plan He has.

When I shall walk the shadowed vale,
I’ll trust Him through that way of death;
For at that end, He shall not fail;
He’ll give me life and make me rest.

So while this earthly course I steer,
His way of truth I’ll not forsake,
For steadfast love and goodness dear

Shall follow every path I take.


2 comments:

  1. amen, Champlin. THanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Champ. Beautiful words about our Faithful Lord.

    ReplyDelete