...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

07 August 2006

So, for the first time in over two months, I am back in the blogosphere. Although I have read and commented on a blog or two throughout the summer, I haven't actually done any posting.
But, since I don't have anything earth-shattering to say now (most of you already get my random news updates), I will post a poem that I wrote early this summer. I actually wrote the "refrain" significantly after the rest of the poem.


A Plea for Brokenness

Take me, Father, in Your hands;
Take my will and goals and plans.
Take the hopes and cherished dreams;
Take the strengths on which I lean.

Break me, Father, to Your will;
Break my self; the old man kill.
Break my comfort, sufficiency;
Break the sin which clutches me.

Make me, Father, by Your plan;
Make me rest within Your hand.
Make the Spirit rule within;
Make me know the Son of Man.

Refrain:
Oh, change me as I come to know you!
Renew me, Lord, that I may show You
To those around who live in darkness
So they are changed into Your likeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment