...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

01 May 2007

Have you found favor in the sight of God? (2)

Well, if you haven't read the prior post, you should probably skip to the next post down for a bit; otherwise, this may not make much sense. As I was pondering more on the idea that the people of God must know that their leader knows God and has His favor, I clarified some thinking in my mind and decided to blog that as well.
The man of God does not set out to demonstrate how well he knows God. Rather, it is God that demonstrates to the people how well the chosen leader knows Him.

Joshua 3:7
The Lord said to Joshua, “Today I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with you.

Joshua 4:14
On that day the Lord exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel, and they stood in awe of him just as they had stood in awe of Moses, all the days of his life.

God will make His man an example as He sees fit and when he sees fit. Our task is to be the man of God in private that He might exalt us if that is His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment