...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

07 October 2007

First October update

Well, somehow I managed to not update you at all since last Sunday. I hope this doesn't turn into a habit. :) Part of the reason for that is that I have been trying to devote myself to some extra Turkish study time. Thus, not much exciting has been happening, and there hasn't been a lot of time to blog. But I think it's been paying off, since I am finally starting to feel caught up to where we are supposed to be in the course... after 5 weeks, that's a good thing.
In other news, the soccer team that we (at this house) root for lost again. That was sad, especially since the other team scored the winning goal in the final minute.
This coming Tuesday will mark the ninth week that I've been here. I have learned a lot and am definitely starting to get an idea of what it should be like when I came back to live here.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are starting to think Turkish. Therefore, some of your statements really should be translated for Americans. I offer the following suggestions. "Trying ot devote myself to some extra Turkish study time" means sleeping and "I think it's been paying off" means you are actually catching up on sleep:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're going to be in "student" mode for a long time.
    Soon we'll all be calling you Dr. Champ, and that just sounds cool and important.

    ReplyDelete