...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

07 December 2007

Monday-Thursday

Many adventures:
Monday, Brad and I went and visited Topkapi Palace which is very well worth the admission price. The jewel collection is excellent; the gun and weapon collection is also outstanding. For additional pictures of that you will have to wait, although I may upload some to Facebook soon if you want to see them there.

Tuesday and Wednesday, we did a smaller variety of things. Tuesday was a very nice day, and Wednesday (and today) were very rainy. Thus, our plans occasionally got rearranged. The Grand Bazaar is one of the places that we went during that time.

Today we visited the Ayasofia (Hagia Sofia). It is BIG! :) I have a much greater appreciation for it now that I have been inside. The museum is very tastefully done and manages to show the history of the building quite well; thus the picture of me in some sort of "preaching seat" apparently from the Byzantine times... but I'm not sure. Very impressive place if you ever get a chance to visit.

Tomorrow, Brad and I are hoping to visit the Turkish Military Museum and then begin our trip south. Tentative schedule should be Izmir, Ephesus, Denizli, Goreme, and Ankara. We are planning to spend about 8-9 days on the trip. And I have no idea if I will post during the trip or not.
Till later...

1 comment:

  1. I like the new coat!! Looks like you have good taste!!! :)

    ReplyDelete