...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

12 March 2008

Pictures from recent weekends

Me with old cars at the Museum

This weekend, Derşan, Duygu and I went to the Rahmi M. Koç Museum here in Istanbul. It was a lot of fun. It is focused on things like transportation and communication; and since there is a lot of money backing it, it has some really nice things. From the pictures below you may notice that my favorite thing was the submarine. :)


The (former) USS Thornback, a diesel sub that saw action in World War II in the Pacific theatre




The other side of the Thornback








Me inside
Thornback



Cockpit in an old Douglas military plane (at the museum)... scary thing is they still fly these same ones commercially, now I know why they scare me (before I thought it was just the fact that it was a prop plane.) :)






British bus at the museum





Breakfast with friends one Saturday






Visiting in the countryside






1 comment:

  1. Well isnt' it just great that it has taken me almost two weeks to notice that you posted nice little pictures on your blog! Some girlfriend I am who forgets to check her Boyfriend's blog! :D

    But I loved seeing the pics of the friends that I hear so much about and now I can put faces to my thoughts of them!!!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete