...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

05 April 2008

about that reading

So, Miriam asked me what I've been reading, so I figured I'd tell the whole world. :)

- for Intro to Modern Philosophy: required text (selections from Montaigne, Galileo, Descartes, Hobbes, Locke, and Rousseau)

- for Philosophy of Science: required text (selections from Popper, Kuhn, Irzık, and others)

- for personal study: Acts and 1 Cor.; Thoreau (Civil Disobedience); world news and Turkish politics

- other: biography of H. Taylor, a book of short stories, O. Chambers, and E. M. Bounds

Clearly I don't read from all of those categories every day (much less each book), but I tend to do some of several of the categories each day, even if it's not much. Some prosper the mind; some prosper the spirit; and others are provide information and relaxation.

2 comments:

  1. So uhhh....are the books in the first two categories in Turkish? Or are they English?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never woulda guessed that I was a modern philosopher before I got married, wouldja? =)

    ReplyDelete