...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

22 September 2006

Failure

Since the quote below is the third time in the last 24 hours that failure/success has come up, and since it was something that I have had to start pondering because it came up, I decided to post the quote. I got it from Miles Stanford's website, in his devotional for today. How much does failure scare you? How much does success thrill you? Does your world rise and fall; is your praise altered; does your faith weaken? These are natural responses, and thus, they are wrong, for they are responses that come from the natural (old) man.

"The Father may allow His servant to succeed when He has disciplined him to a point where he does not need to succeed to be happy. The man who is elated by success and cast down by failure is still a carnal man. At best his fruit will have a worm in it."

4 comments:

  1. Words of wisdom, brother; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something that I needed. I also appreciate your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh.....words for the soul. Thank you, my friend. Always relevant, always pertinent, all too often convicting.

    ReplyDelete