...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

08 January 2008

The News

This is not a particularly good picture of me in my opinion, but it does show my tendency to do a bookshelf-examination, even when the books are in a language which I don't understand very well. This was actually a very high-quality library despite it's small size.

Now, what else should I mention. Today was the beginning of Turkish class again, and that fairly well. As it is a repeat of what I have already done, it should not be as difficult as last time, but there will definitely be a lot to learn. There are two new teachers, so that means that there will probably be a lot to learn in terms of new phrases and "preferred vocabulary." Again, our class is full of people from all over the world, and it will be fun getting to know them all. It is nice though that one of my friends from the former classes is in this one with me.

As you can see in the picture below, we have finally had some snow. We ended up getting several inches, but it all melted within about a day. This was late last week. Over the weekend, we had some friends over for an evening of food and fun, and we ended up playing Taboo, in English. Setting up fair teams was a challenge, but we ended up doing a pretty good job and the guys' team won by one point.

  Details for studying at Bosphorus University are continuing to come together, and I am hoping to start that when the spring semester starts in February. (Turkish schools are still in their final exam week for the fall semester right now.)

More when more happens...

2 comments:

  1. How do you define a quality library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in one of that size, they managed to have the ancient classics, the modern classics, and the modern good literature. They also had the major books of sacred literature. To me, that's pretty good if you only have a few hundred books.

    ReplyDelete