...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

01 January 2008

Since the last post...

So, Christmas was as expected, quiet with lots of time talking to family. During the day, I went to Starbucks and listened to classic Christmas music while reading my book.
Since then I have been working on small things and beginning to get re-acquainted with Turkish study again. So, I'm basically finding out what I've really learned and what I committed to short-term memory sometime in the past. It's not been too discouraging, and by reviewing virtually everything that I've supposedly learned, I'm being able to fill in a few of things that I missed in the press of learning more major things.
Tomorrow I'm planning to try again to make arrangements for university study in the spring. And next Tuesday, Turkish classes are supposed to begin again. So, that's the structure of life. Now for a few details. :)
Last night, D&D and I went over to a couple of friends to celebrate New Year's. The Turkish celebration is significantly less exciting than Suriname's, and about the same level as America's. However, they do have one interesting traditions which I thought I'd mention. At midnight, we each got a pomegranate and threw them on the ground as hard as we can. Those who had theirs burst are supposed to have success this coming year. Mine burst. :)
Anyways, till later...

No comments:

Post a Comment