...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

27 January 2011

The Gospel in power and in purpose

My favorite quotes from today's training time at Soma School; they are by Jeff Vanderstelt, as nearly as I could write them down.  Jeff is one of my absolute favorite people to listen to talk about the Gospel, and today was no exception, though these quotes are about how we take that Gospel to the world around us.  Context would reveal more of the details, but unfortunately I can't give that at the moment.

"God will never call you to something you can't do without God's power, but what you've been told is that God will never call you to something you can't do!  Are you kidding me?!?!"

"If you are going to call people to mission..., they are going to have to be confident in the future."

"If the Gospel doesn't include the Spirit, it isn't the Gospel. ... The cross is wasted without the Spirit of God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment