...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

14 April 2011

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you!

  In the last couple days, I noticed that when I call Talitha to me and she starts crawling, she often gets distracted.  She needs me to keep calling her to me because the initial expression of my desire for her to be closer is not strong enough or important enough in her mind to keep her focused on coming to me.  She needs to see me also stretching my arms further and further and moving towards her.

  Are we not often just like that in our walk with God?  Do I not continually get distracted from my purpose of drawing nearer to our Daddy in Heaven?  Do I not forget that He already gave me the greatest possible incentive to draw near and the greatest expression of His love centuries ago?  And so, He continually reaches out to us and Himself comes a little nearer with His arms stretched even further toward us.

No comments:

Post a Comment