...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

03 April 2011

regarding salvation and spiritual reproduction

   I just finished listening to Parables of the Cross by I. Lilias Trotter (on my Kindle!), and there are several quotes that stand out as worthy of sharing.  So, I am planning several different posts from that source.

 It is when we come to self-despair, when we feel ourselves locked in, waiting our doom, that the glory and the beauty of God's way of escape dawns upon us, and we submit ourselves to Him in it. All resistance breaks down as faith closes on the fact: "He loved me and gave Himself for me." 
A flower that stops short at its flowering misses its purpose. We were created for more than our own spiritual development; reproduction, not mere development, is the goal of matured being--reproduction in other lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment