...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

08 February 2021

A Handout on Linkers or Logical Connectors

  Below is a graphic organizer that I made a few years ago to serve as a guide for how to think about and teach 'linkers' or 'connectors' or whatever you prefer to call them. These devices that help stitch together a text seem to have a million names, confusing for students and confusing for teachers. I suppose this comes from their variety of roles they play and the diversity that is displayed in them. The complexity and richness of linking devices can add much to the power of our writing or speaking, so they are well worth getting to know intimately for any and all of us.



While realizing that it could be much more attractive, I am no longer able to edit the original, so I figured I'd just share it like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment