...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

25 August 2007

Saturday evening

Well, it's time for another update. The last several days have not been particularly exciting, but they haven't been unprofitable. I have continued to explore various parts of the city and become familiar. [The US consulate here is virtually impossible to "find", even with two maps that show it in slightly different locations.]
One nice thing is that I am beginning to be able to find non-tourist places to get my meals, and so I am beginning to be able to save money and also eat with more variety as I go around.
The housing situation that I went and looked at did not work out because of various details; however, I am continuing to pursue other options with a Turkish friend.

Trivia (particularly for those who took World History with Dr. Bennett): As I was walking around last night with Dan, a friend from the hostel, we found this:

WHAT TYPE OF CAPITAL IS ON THIS COLUMN???
A. Doric B. Corinthian C. Ionic D. None of the above

3 comments:

  1. D. None of the above?

    Keep up the updates . . . it is like I am walking through Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Zach. None of the above.
    Your camera does a really good job.
    Like the fountain in front of the Hagia Sophia! That was a sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete