...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

28 November 2007

Wednesday update

Turkey won the soccer match that I mentioned in my post last week! That takes care of old news updates.

Last Thursday I had a normal day, since Thanksgiving is not a holiday here. But in the evening, one of the other Americans I know here invited Dersan, Duygu, and I over, and we had an excellent Thanksgiving Dinner. (And no, we didn't have turkey; apparently those are only readily available around New Year's.)

Saturday was a time of much frisbee playing; and in the evening, some friends with twin girls came over to visit. So, the picture is of D&D and I with the twins. :) Two cry twice as much as one... profound truth!
Those have been the main events outside of my continuing Turkish class. But today was the last day of lessons, and tomorrow we have the 4 major exams. Then, on Friday, Brad should get here in the evening. And then we will be doing stuff together for about 3 weeks. I am definitely excited about the five week vacation from Turkish and also looking forward to traveling and learning in different venues.
I may forget to post for a bit, but you can always email me if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment