...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

03 May 2008

Thessaloniki

It would seem that somehow I have been negligent at posting here for nearly two weeks. What's worse is that I don't really have any convincing excuses. Oh well...

(The seaside at Thessaloniki)

This last week has been Spring Break at the university, so I used it to take a trip to Greece since I needed to go get my visa renewed. I ended up spending two days in Thessaloniki, and so here are a few pictures from there. (The trip actually took up about three days due to traveling arrangements that got messed up.)

This is Atatürk's childhood home. It has some very interesting memorabilia from his life.
The old Roman agora
I find it remarkable how easy it is to picture a modern open-air market here.

School starts again on Monday, and I'm not anticipating any major disruptions to that routine for about another 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment