...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

17 September 2009

Final thoughts on the Heavens Declaring

Several less-organized thoughts have occurred to me as I have pondered this topic, so I shall share some of them.

 The fact that this discussion of how much nature declares about God is novel to me probably indicates that my conception of natural revelation has always been quite weak.  While I have heard much about natural and special revelation, clearly I have never had a robust understanding of what natural revelation is.  Natural revelation reveals!

 This has brought to mind Francis Schaeffer's discussion of Nature and Grace and the fact that in men's thinking Nature tends to overwhelm Grace if the Bible is not carefully kept central.  However, it seems that Nature has basically disappeared from much of modern Christian thinking. Or, maybe it's just me?

 Also, this understanding of nature's declaring the righteousness of God may also allow for a more robust presuppositional apologetic.  I would have to re-read Van Til, but it seems to me that this would allow one to presuppose even further than he speaks of.

The Heavens Declare His Righteousness
The Heavens Declare His Righteousness - Initial Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment