...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

28 September 2007

brief update

In the last couple days, I have primarily done two things: taken tests and spent time with some ministry friends that were here. The test-taking part ended up ok, although it did not go as smoothly as hoped. However, I did end up passing, and I have now started month 2 of language training. So far the other people in this class are ones that I know and am friends with from month 1.
Yesterday I got to see a new area of town called Findikzade. It is a pretty nice area, (although it gave me a sinus headache from the dust in the air.) We walked through quite a bit of the area, but there is still a lot of territory that could be looked at there. We stuck to the main streets pretty much. It was definitely an interesting time with a lot of good conversation and fun.
Last night I managed to be fairly sick, whether it was related to the sinus or whether I got some food poisoning as well, I'm not sure. But in any case, I seem to have recovered ok; so that's a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment