...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

16 September 2007

news tidbits

Friday evening: I spent some time with new and old friends visiting the country for a couple days; that was fun and a blessing. We had a good supper and talked for quite a while.

Saturday morning/early afternoon: I missed ultimate frisbee for the first Saturday since I've been here! (I actually am missing it on Tuesdays too, because of Turkish class.) :( Instead, Dersan, Duygu, and I went out and visited a place called Pierreloti and had a nice time up there. We had ice cream, talked, took some pictures, and generally enjoyed ourselves; then we proceeded to go shopping for a door for my room which we should be able to get on Monday.

Saturday evening: Just as we were getting back from that, some of the friends I'd been with the night before called, so I got to show them around the area where I go to school.

Today: normal Sunday things, and getting ready for the next week.

3 comments:

  1. So is the pic Dersan and Duygu??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehh... being the great frequenter of blogs that I am, it was good to get caught up with the last few weeks in more detail. Thanks for keeping us up to date so faithfully. Miss you a lot. The tundra just isn't the same without you. I'm getting fat, not having to jog to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the picture is of Dersan and Duygu.
    Yes, Josh is getting fat, but not as fat as ... *trails off thoughtfully.

    ReplyDelete