...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

11 September 2007

Housing

The news of the day is that I officially have a place to stay for the next 4-5 months.
For about the past 2 days, I have been living with a couple of friends who decided that it was time that I quit living in a hostel and volunteered to let me stay with them until I finished arranging the details of getting another place (both offers came Sat. afternoon within a three hours of each other.) So, in any case, tomorrow evening I am planning to move to 4. Levant (Fourth Levant).
We will see how the actual details work out, but it seems to be a very good situation where I will be able to establish a strong friendship with this couple. They are Turkish and are working on learning English better. In any case, I'll plan to email or post an update sometime in the next couple weeks on how that part of life goes.
In other news, my grasp of Turkish is going from abysmal to slightly less abysmal, but at least I can sometimes communicate concepts if given enough time. :)
[The picture is the Metro exit/entrance at 4. Levant. This will probably be where I go for much of the transportation I will need.]

No comments:

Post a Comment