...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

06 September 2007

boring...

So, this week has consisted of language school and time with people and study and reading. I don't recall a single exciting thing that has happened to tell you about.
Language school has been good (most of the time); I am definitely learning. I wish I had a Turkish grammar that could tell me the things I don't understand, but that is not the method they are using to teach, so I shall just have to wait. Today we started on verbs. (It's very hard to do much real communication without them. :) But my progress is evident if not rapid.
And one thing that I just thought of that I should mention: I moved into a smaller room in the hostel about a week and a half ago, so I am no longer living with 2 dozen people, just 3-5. It's much nicer, and I typically get a solid night's sleep with few interruptions now.
Anyways, not much more to say, just know that I'm carrying on with a less exciting life now. :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy early bday buddy. You're in our prayers.

    Z&BV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're making progress with Turkish... and that you get to sleep at night! :o)

    Happy (slightly late) birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete