...observations and ramblings from a learner and traveler...

22 February 2008

Recent news

Well, it's been a while since I've updated the general populace on life, but since I keep up with much of it through Facebooking, IMing, emailing, etc. I don't feel too bad.

Last weekend we got a bunch of snow, at least for this city. It is mostly melted off now and we had beautiful spring weather today. However, that weather resulted in the snowball fight seen in the pictures as well as a snow day on Monday. But language school began again on Tuesday and is continuing along as we learn slowly.

On Wednesday, I began my university studies here in Istanbul. I am informally auditing two classes this semester. Philosophy of Science and Introduction to Modern Philosophy both promise to keep me learning and thinking, and I am enjoying the return to the classroom.

That's about all the news. Life is full of mundanities, but it is by no means boring or unenjoyable. Till later...

PS Yes, I know that neither "mundanities" nor "unenjoyable" nor "Facebooking" nor "IMing" are words...

No comments:

Post a Comment